What is “InnoReview”?
We often hear the voices of business people：
- “Contract review work needs time and efforts, so we need help.”
- “One of our legal team has just quitted the job, but we cannot find an appropriate replacement.”
- “No legal staff member can review English or intellectual property-related contracts.”
In such cases, “InnoReview,” Innventier’s outsourcing service for contract review, can be the best solution for you. Under a flat-rate pricing structure (*) and with a quick order system using an individual e-mail address for each client, you can straightforwardly incorporate contract reviews by experts into your routine workflow. Also, you will be able to realize the higher accuracy of contract reviews, lighten the burdens on your legal staff, and retrench fixed costs.
That is why many of our corporate clients choose and use InnoReview, the service that meets their needs.
“InnoReview” Solves Your Problems
Why Choose "InnoReview"?
Details of "InnoReview"
Process for Execution
Process of Provision of Service
InnoReview is provided with an advance payment of the monthly flat fee of JPY 50,000 (plus tax) at a minimum. Unless the total number of Units of contracts reviewed exceeds the service ceiling determined by a price plan or a payment option (to be described in detail below), no additional fees will be charged. Thus, you do not need to ask us for an estimate every time.
Various Price Plans
We have several types of price plans by the monthly fee as below. You can choose the most appropriate one according to your needs.
|Monthly fee (JPY) (plus tax):||Rough standard of volume of contracts covered by the monthly fee|
|50,000||1 or 2 Japanese contracts OR 1 simple English contract.|
|80,000||2 or 3 Japanese contracts OR 1 English contract.|
|100,000||3~5 Japanese contracts OR 1 or 2 English contracts.|
|200,000||3~5 Japanese contracts AND 1 or 2 English contracts.|
|300,000||8~10 Japanese or English contracts in total.|
|500,000～||We recommend this plan to a corporate client that regularly handles a lot of contracts and wants to incorporate the professional contract review process into its workflow completely.We are happy to prepare a different price plan to meet your company’s needs.|
Lump-sum Payment Option
Where your company may not need InnoReview every month. In such case, the lump-sum advance payment option for three (3) months, six (6) months or one (1) year, instead of monthly payments, can be a cost-effective way. Specifically, if you are considering a contract for JPY 100,000 or below, the lump-sum payment will be more beneficial.
This option offers you the following advantages:
Combination with "InnoCounsel"
InnoReview is a service specializing only in reviewing contracts. After receiving the review report, if you find the necessity to revise or amend the contract, or to receive further advice on the negotiation with the other party, then, we will be happy to move into such services seamlessly, with additional charges.
As to such additional services, please consider "InnoCounsel," Innoventier’s comprehensive legal advisory service.
Under "InnoReview", the volume of your order is measured based on the number of Units contained in each contract to be reviewed, regardless of language. Besides the monthly flat fee, no additional charges will be billed unless the total number of Units of contracts examined exceeds the Maximum Units determined by a price plan and a payment option you choose.
The usage of Units will be informed every time you request for a new review. Counting Units needs only a quick calculation as below. Thus, you can control the volume of your orders, and there is no need to ask us for an estimate for every order.
Also, if the usage of Units approaches or exceeds the Maximum Units, you can quickly calculate the rough amounts of additional charges in advance using the scale of counting below.
What is "Unit"?
"Unit" means a scale of counting the volume of a contract, regardless of language. At present, this scale applies to Japanese and English texts as below. We are going to expand this service to other languages shortly.
|Japanese||1 Unit =180 characters|
|English||1 Unit = 35 words|
Monthly fee and Maximum Units
The Maximum Units covered by the monthly fee depends on a price plan as below.
The more monthly fees you pay, the more Maximum Units you are entitled so that you can use this service more cost-effectively.
The below table shows the rough number of document pages covered by each price plan.
As to a price plan for the monthly fee of more than JPY 500,000, please contact us for inquiries.
|Monthly fee (JPY)
|Rough number of pages (Japanese)||12.2||19.8||25.0||51.2||78.0||131.6|
|Rough number of pages (English)||6.1||9.9||12.5||25.6||39.0||65.8|
＊The number of pages is computed on 900 characters/page for Japanese contract and 350 words/page for English contract.
Lump-sum payment option and Maximum Units
The Maximum Units for one month is added up through the period of the payment plan you choose. In addition to such aggregated Maximum Units, "Bonus Units" will be afforded; therefore, this option can be more cost-effective for you.
The below table shows the Maximum Units plus Bonus Units you are entitled where you choose a lump-sum payment option.
|Monthly fee (JPY)
(for 3 months)
(for 6 months)
(for 1 year)
When the usage of Units in one month or during the specified period of a lump-sum option exceeds the Maximum Units (plus Bonus Units for a lump-sum option) as set forth above, JPY 980/Unit will be billed for the excess number of Units every month separately.
We have formulated InnoReview as a highly cost-effective and convenient tool for our clients. For such purpose, the scope of the service is limited to contract reviews only so that our quality lawyers specializing in corporate legal and intellectual property practices can provide the service at a very reasonable cost in a prompt manner. Therefore, we would like you to understand the following limitations will be applied when you use this service:
- Questions beyond the scope of Review Report. Answers to your questions about a Review Report are covered by a service agreement you signed. Any other answers to questions or inquiries beyond the scope of the Review Report and a revision or re-drafting of the contract will be charged separately. For such additional services, we recommend you consider "InnoCounsel," our comprehensive legal advisory service.
- Scheduled reporting date. A Review Report will usually be e-mailed to you within three (3) business days following the date of our receipt of your order. However, depending on the contents or volume of the contract, we may need more days, from five (5) to ten (10) business days.
- Lawyer in charge. After receiving your order, we will appoint an adequate lawyer at Innventier to review the contract in each case. The same lawyer will not always be assigned to your case.
- Subcontracting. To provide the service promptly, in some cases, we will subcontract a review work to an outside lawyer. In such a case, Innventier ensures that it appoints a competent lawyer with sufficient capability to provide this service and assumes the responsibility for the contents or level of his/her service.
- No refund. We will not refund or repay any fees once received, whether by monthly or a lump-sum payment, for any reasons, even in the case of cancellation of the service agreement.
- Additional charges for excess Units. Even where you choose a lump-sum payment option, if the usage of Units exceeds the Maximum Units (plus Bonus Units) set by the option, additional fees for the excess number of Units will be charged separately.
- No carry-over. The not-used and remaining number of the Maximum Units (plus Bonus Units) in a certain month or period cannot be carried over to the following month or period.
- Legal matters under foreign laws. InnoReview covers legal affairs under Japanese laws only. Where a contract is governed by laws of a foreign country or territory, and if you have any concerns about legal matters under such law, please let us know. We will be happy to do the necessary research and report it to you with additional fees.
- Data format. We hope to receive a contract for review in a data format readable by MS Word. When we receive a contract in the pdf file that does not contain text information, we need to convert it to the text information by using a character recognition system and calculate the number of Units. In that case, there might be some errors in counting the number of Units.