Innoventier is a group of Japanese law firm and patent office specializing in intellectual property laws and dispute resolution. The attorneys at Innoventier offer quality legal services in solving domestic and international issues as well as legal support in routine corporate activities.
Our professionals have deep knowledge and extensive experience in patent, trademark and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. Innoventier was established as a partnership of attorneys who have a great deal of experience with corporate intellectual property matters.
- IP (patent, utility model, design, trademark, copyright etc.) rights infringement litigation
- IP invalidation trial, IP objection trial and any other contentious legal process
- Criminal procedure / border control
- Prosecution, application for IP rights (especially for patent and trademarks)
- Contract review and drafting
- IP strategy and due diligence, legal opinion
- Cutting-edge issues (AI, IoT, data etc.)
- Acted for a Japanese manufacturing company in a patent infringement suit filed by a German company in Japan/Singapore. Successfully defended in Japan/settled in Singapore with local counsel.
- Successfully defended a Japanese trading company in a patent infringement litigation filed by a French company.
- Successfully defended a application services company in a litigation of a claim for return of the right to obtain patent filed by a Korean system vendor.
- Acted/Acting for a Japanese patent managing company in a patent infringement litigation against a major US CPU manufacturer.
- Acted for a Finnish game company in patent infringement litigations against a Japanese game company.
- Successfully obtained an injunction for infringement of trade dress of famous restaurant in Japan under Unfair Competition Prohibition Act (First case in Japan).
- Acted for US Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company against Japanese pharmaceutical companies in negotiation regarding patent infringement.
- Involved in drafting of “Contractual Guidance on Utilization of AI and Data,” issued by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).
Our professinonals are highly skilled litigators not only in intellectual property disputes but also wide variety of commercial disputes which domestic and international companies may face.
- General commercial disputes including: product liability, real property, employment, construction, tax, license, IT, system development, consumer, bankruptcy, insurance, joint venture, corporation related disputes etc.
- Domestic and multi-jurisdictional litigation
- Domestic and international mediation
- Domestic and international arbitration (Domestic & Foreign seated)
- Successfully defended a Japanese software vendor in civil litigation filed by a Japanese company regarding purported defects in the system developed.
- Successfully defended a board member of a major listed company from its shareholders in a high-profile lawsuit.
- Successfully defended a Japanese subsidiary of worldwide renowned US elevator manufacturing company in product liability litigation.
- Acted/Advised for a famous Japanese generator part manufacturing company in negotiation with Indian company.
- Acted for a famous jewelry company in a dispute between an independent committee formed by its auditor, which ended up in establishment of another independent committee (First case in Japan).
- Acted for a famous Japanese electronics retailing company in a negotiation between a Singaporean company in relation to a purchase of shares of a joint venture company in Indonesia.
- Acted for a Canadian investing company in JCAA international arbitration over the claim relating software license agreement (settled).
- Successfully acted for a Japanese aesthetic clinic company in SIAC international arbitration over the claim relating breach of joint venture agreement.